Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 2 big potatoes – cut in small pieces
- 1 sweet potato – cut in small pieces
- 4 stalks of celery – cut in small pieces
- 1 Tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 3 Tbsp Ras el Hanout Seasoning (or mix turmeric, ginger, coriander, ground pepper, chili)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup carrots - cut in slices or pieces
- 1 cup green beans, or any other veggies you have – cut in pieces
- Filtered water
- 0,5 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a big pot and sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes and sweet potato and stir from time to time.
- After around 10 minutes, add celery, salt, seasoning, and stir and let cook for another 3-4 min.
- Now add the tomato sauce and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies and fill up the pot with filtered water.
- Reduce the temperature (medium to low) and let simmer until the potatoes are soft (make sure you do not overcook the veggies).
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with chopped cilantro.
This dish is also perfect if you want to cook in advance. The soup will even taste better the next day. You can also fill it in food containers and freeze it in convenient portions.