Delicious soup packed with healthy organic vegetables and my homemade organic Moroccan spice mix, including Turmeric, Ginger, and 14 other spices.
A slice of whole-grain bread is a perfect addition to this. If you have fresh veggies in your fridge and spices in your pantry, you can put something healthy and delicious together pretty quickly.
As you are visiting this blog, chances are likely that you like to prepare your own food. You already know that caring about the quality of the food you eat pays out in the long run.
The more you get used to a routine of adding more and more plant-based quality foods to your daily routine – the less processed food you will want on your plate.
This soup does not only taste amazing – it is packed with healthy nutrients and antioxidants. And it can easily be prepared as a delicious stew just by adding 2 cans of chickpeas.
Turmeric and ginger are a powerful team and used around the world as seasoning and natural remedies.
Both are being said to help our bodies fight inflammations and pain, and are essential ingredients in the Moroccan spice mix Ras el Hanout. The mix also contains black cumin seeds, which are very popular in the oriental cuisine for thousands of years, where it is also called “remedy for everything but death”.
Another ingredient is cardamom, which is told to be beneficial for the digestive system. All 16 ingredients are put together to enhance the taste of food and to benefit the body. If you ever think about creating your own mix, make sure to get high quality, and certified organic ingredients from a trusted source.
Once you have your own mix, you can use it in any savory dish, it will give your creation an exotic flavorful spark!
This dish is also perfect if you want to cook in advance. The soup will even taste better the next day. Also, it can be frozen in convenient portions, all you need to do is take it out a couple of hours before you want to eat.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 2 big potatoes – cut in small pieces
- 1 sweet potato – cut in small pieces
- 4 stalks of celery – cut in small pieces
- 1 Tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 3 Tbsp Ras el Hanout Seasoning (or mix turmeric, ginger, coriander, ground pepper, chili)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup carrots - cut in slices or pieces
- 1 cup green beans, or any other veggies you have – cut in pieces
- Filtered water
- 0,5 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a big pot and sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes and sweet potato and stir from time to time.
- After around 10 minutes, add celery, salt, seasoning, and stir and let cook for another 3-4 min.
- Now add the tomato sauce and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies and fill up the pot with filtered water.
- Reduce the temperature (medium to low) and let simmer until the potatoes are soft (make sure you do not overcook the veggies).
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with chopped cilantro.
This dish is also perfect if you want to cook in advance. The soup will even taste better the next day. You can also fill it in food containers and freeze it in convenient portions.